The import feature allows you to add multiple clients to your account quickly. Using a spreadsheet, you'll be able to import client demographic data including name, email address, mailing address, tags, insurance policies, and more.
- Getting Started
- Uploading a CSV
- Mapping Columns to Fields in the Client File
- Client Portal Access and Journal Access
- Handling Duplicate Clients
- Viewing Your Import History
1) Navigate to your My Clients page.
2) Click the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner and select Import clients
Uploading a CSV
You'll need a spreadsheet with your clients' demographic information split into columns. Headers must also be provided to identify the values in each column:
3) In the Import Clients popup click Select a file to select a CSV from your device:
Optionally, click Download template in the bottom-left corner of the popup to see an example of a CSV you'll need to provide.
Creating a CSV from another Format
Your client data may be in a different file format, e.g. Excel or Numbers. You'll first need to convert your file to CSV format. Here are a couple of articles if you need help converting your file to a CSV:
4) A few additional fields will appear once you've selected a file. Adjust the import name (if needed) and specify the date format used to represent dates of birth and other date fields in your CSV.
A placeholder is also required for clients missing first and/or last names.
5) Click Next to continue.
Mapping Columns to Fields in the Client File
We'll parse your spreadsheet to identify the column names and data provided. On the Mapping step you'll see a table displaying:
- The Column headers/names from your CSV
- Sample data from the first 3 rows associated with each column
- A Destination Field picklist next to each column
6) Map each required CSV column to a destination field. Optionally, you can select Not mapped from the picklist to skip a column during the import.
The import feature allows you to import client data into the following fields:
|A client identifier from your previous EHR/tool. This may be useful if you also require documents to be imported for these clients.|
|Title||e.g. Mr., Mrs. Dr.|
|First Name||This field is required|
|Last Name||This field is required|
|Full Name||Use this field if separate first/last name columns are unavailable.|
|Email Address||This field is required|
|Date of Birth (DOB)||Ensure these dates match the format provided in Step 4|
|Address (Street Unit, City, State, Postal Code, Country)||Ensure the Province/State code is specified, e.g. CA for California. The Country should also be specified in a 2-letter code format.|
|Work Hours per Week|
|Gender||e.g. man, woman, non-binary, m, f|
|Relationship Status||e.g. single, married, common-law|
|Tags||e.g. "Nutrition Clients". Up to 20 tags separated by comma or semi-colon.|
|Emergency Contact||First and last names must be provided|
|Healthcare Provider||e.g. a family doctor. First and last names must be specified|
|Insurance Policy 1||A payer name must be provided|
|Insurance Policy 2||A payer name must be provided|
|Diagnosis Codes||ICD.10 codes. Up to 20 codes separated by common or semi-colon.|
|Notes||Additional notes to include in the client's Basic Information page.|
|Deactivated||e.g. TRUE or Yes. Learn more about deactivated clients.|
7) Click Next once you've mapped each required column. We'll validate your mappings and let you know if any changes need to be made.
Client Portal Invitations and Journal Access
As part of the import you also have the option to:
- Send invitations to clients to access the Client Portal
- Give access to the Food and/or Lifestyle Journals
8) Create a column for each option in your CSV if you need to send invitations/give journal access:
Select Don't send invitations to any imported clients if you do not want to send invitations. Similarly, select Don't give journal access to any imported clients to skip this step.
9) Click Next to continue to the Submit step.
10) Review any warnings and instructions then click Submit to begin your import.
Handling Duplicate Clients
No two clients in your account can share the same email address unless they belong to a Family Record. We'll ignore clients who share the same name and email address.
A family record will be created if a client shares an email address but has a different name.
Viewing Your Import History
You can continue to use your portal while your import is processed in the background. We'll send you a notification once the import is completed.
You can review the results of the import (e.g. which clients were imported or skipped) by going to your My Clients page.
Click the 3 dots to the right of the search bar and select View Import History from the options provided: