Follow the steps below if you want to upload client specific documents (and optionally share these documents with your client):
1) Go to your My Practice > Documents page
2) We automatically create private organizational folders for each client added to the system. You should be able to locate your client's document folder in the list:
3) Double-click on the folder name to open it
4) Select Upload to <Client Name> Docs after clicking the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner:
5) On the upload page, you can select the files from your computer (10 at a time) to upload to your client's document folder.
By default, these files will be private to you when uploaded to your Documents section. On the Upload page, you do have the option of sharing them with your client(s) immediately by select your client's name from the list:
If you select a client(s) on this page, they will receive an email notification that files have been shared with them and are available in their Client Portal to view/download.
Why are all your clients shown here? There may be times when you need to upload shared resources for multiple clients to access (e.g meal plans, recipes). The system allows you to share documents from any folder with multiple clients.
If you don't want to share the files immediately, do not select your client(s) from this list. Click Upload in the top-right corner to upload your documents.
You will then see the uploaded documents in your client's home folder. If you want to share the documents with your client at some point in the future, click on the document, then click the Manage Sharing Settings button:
This will open a popup allowing you to select a client(s) to share the document with:
Select your client from the list then click Update.
Your client will receive an automated email notification that a new document is available in their Client Portal. There will be a link in the email which takes them to their Documents page where they can view the shared documents.
If at any point you want to unshare a file, open the Sharing Settings popup again and unselect your client, then click Update.