Managed billing ensures all payments made by clients are processed using the team owner's linked payment processor.
This article explains how to enable managed billing for services, packages, programs, invoices, and payment plans. Managed billing settings will only be visible to you (the team owner) and cannot be adjusted by other team members.
- Enabling Managed Billing
- Enabling Managed Billing for Existing Products
- Enabling Managed Billing for Services, Packages, and Programs
- Enabling Managed Billing for Invoices
- Enabling Managed Billing for Payment Plans
Enabling Managed Billing
When you enable managed billing, all payments across your team will be collected under your payment processor. This includes payments made on any booking pages, payment plans, and invoices.
If you would like your team members to collect payments through their own payment processor, you will want to leave this setting disabled.
1) Go to your Settings & Preferences > Invoicing & Payment Settings page
2) Select Managed from the Billing mode picklist:
3) Adjust the invoice confirmation notification preference. You can allow team members to receive confirmation notifications when payments are made for their bookings or have all notifications sent to you.
4) Optionally include a default invoice header to appear on all managed billing invoices (PDFs).
5) Click Save Changes
Enabling Managed Billing for Existing Products
You can enable managed billing for existing services, packages, and programs by clicking the Enable all button.
Enabling Managed Billing for Services, Packages, and Programs
You can enable/disable managed billing for specific offerings by overriding your default billing mode. When a client requests this offering and processes their payment on a booking page, it is collected using your (team owner’s) payment processor.
Navigate to the Advanced Options tab. Select Managed from the Billing mode picklist:
Managed billing for packages and programs can be enabled/disabled from the package/program Advanced Options tab respectively.
Enabling Managed Billing for Invoices
Managed billing can be enabled/disabled under the Payment Options section:
The managed billing setting can only be adjusted when an invoice is in Draft status. The setting becomes read-only once the invoice is sent to the client or payment is attempted from your practitioner portal.
Enabling Managed Billing for Payment Plans
You can enable/disable managed billing by selecting Managed from the Billing mode picklist when creating/updating a payment plan.
Managed billing can be updated at any time after the payment plan is created and will be reflected when processing any upcoming installment payments.