You can sign up for a dedicated fax number to receive faxes directly in Practice Better. The dedicated number will also be used when sending faxes from the system.
Dedicated fax numbers are only available in our Plus and Team plans.
Getting a Dedicated Fax Number
You can sign up for a dedicated fax number from your Fax Preferences page.
1. Go to Settings > All Settings & Preferences:
2. Select Faxes from the menu
3. Click Add number under the Send & Receive Faxes section:
4. A popup will open allowing you to search numbers by country and an optional postal code. Click Search to find available numbers based on your preferred country/postal code:
5. Click Select next to an available number to proceed:
You'll be prompted to confirm your selection before the number is registered and linked to your account. Once confirmed, your number will be available for use immediately. You can copy and share your number by clicking the Copy button:
Porting Numbers from other Systems
Drop us a line if you need to port your existing fax number to Practice Better. At this time, we are only able to port fax numbers in the continental United States.
Releasing your Dedicated Fax Number
You can release your dedicated fax number at any time by selecting Release number from the More Options menu (3 dots) next to the number in the Send & Receive Faxes section.
Any new incoming faxes to this number will be disregarded once your number is released. We will reserve your number for 15 days in case you need to re-register this number to send and receive faxes.