Tags are a great way to organize clients (e.g. by office location) and keep track of their progress and milestones (e.g "3WeekCheckpoint"). This article will provide instructions on how to create tags, apply tags to clients and set up automations to update tags based on bookings, program enrollments and completed forms.
1) To create a tag, go to your My Clients page
2) Click the Create Tag button in the left navigation bar or from the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner of your screen:
3) Enter a name, select a color and click Create:
Tag names are case insensitive and you won't be able to create multiple tags with the same name.
Updating & Deleting Tags
You can update an existing tag by clicking the 3 dots next to the tag name. Select Edit tag from the options provided:
A tag can be deleted by selecting Delete tag from the same menu.
Applying Tags to Clients
To apply a tag to a client, drag the tag from the left navigation bar over to the Tags section of your client's entry:
Applying Tags to Multiple Clients
1) To update tags in bulk, click the Select multiple button in the top-right corner:
2) Select all clients you'd like to update by checking the checkbox to the left of their name:
3) Click the Add or remove tags button in the top right corner:
4) From the popup, you'll be able to choose an action (Add, Remove, Remove All, or Replace). Enter the tags you'd like to apply then click Submit:
Pin tags which you frequently use to search/filter clients. Tags can be pinned by dragging them from the left navigation bar to the top of your My Clients page:
Pinned tags will appear wherever you're able to select multiple clients, e.g. when registering clients for a program or adjusting your chat messaging settings:
You can unpin a tag by selecting Unpin tag from the 3 dots next to the tag's name:
Once you've set up your tags, you'll likely want to automate this process so clients are automatically categorized when certain events happen in your portal. You can set up an Update Tags automation which can be triggered when any of the following events occur:
- A session is booked for a client (either manually or via automation)
- A package is created for a client (either manually or via automation)
- A client enrolls in a program
- A client completes all modules in a program
- A client completes a form
You can set up this automation by going to My Practice > Automations. Click the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner, then select Update Client Tags from the options provided:
Tag options are also available when setting up confirm booking, confirm package and auto-add client automations which you can learn more about on our Automations page.