Follow the steps in this article to add group chat for participants enrolled in your program. You can also refer to our general help article on managing group chats.
Adding Group Chat Support
For Existing Programs
Go to your My Practice > My Programs page and click Edit next to your program
For New Programs
Go to your My Practice > My Programs page and select Create program from the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner:
1) Click the Advanced Options tab then click the checkbox to Enable group chat for this program:
2) Enter a name for your program's group or leave empty to use the name of your program:
3) Select the style of your group chat:
- Feed - this will display new messages at the top with replies displayed under each post. This is similar to a feed you'll see on Facebook and other social networks.
- Direct chat - this will display messages similar to the traditional one-on-one chats you've used in Practice Better and other chat apps. Most recent messages will be displayed at the bottom.
You can adjust the style of your group chat at any time.
4) Enable automatic enrollment to auto-add clients when they are enrolled in your program. Clients will be added to the chat once they've activated their account and have access to the Client Portal.
5) Select the naming convention for your clients' names. You can allow clients to see other participants' full names, first name and initial or first name only.
6) You can also restrict clients from seeing other participants' names and profile photos.
The naming convention and profile photo settings only apply to clients. You will always see clients full names and profile photos when viewing group chats in your portal.
Viewing My Program Chat
If you've selected the Feed style for your program, you'll be able to access it in two ways: either from the Feed tab on your program's home page:
Or from your Messages page by clicking the Chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen:
Direct chats can only be accessed via your Messages page.