This article will show you how to integrate your Rupa Health account with Practice Better to order, receive, view, and share lab results directly from the portal. Our Rupa Health integration is available to our US users on the Starter Plan and up.
- Signing up for a Rupa Health Account
- Linking Rupa Health to Practice Better
- Ordering Rupa Labs from Practice Better
- Viewing and Managing Labs in Practice Better
- Linking Rupa clients to Practice Better Client Records
Signing up for a Rupa Health Account
Sign up for a Rupa Health account by navigating to Settings & Preferences > 3rd Party Integration. Under the Labs section, click the 3 dots next to Rupa Health then select Sign up.
Linking Rupa Health to Practice Better
Once you've signed up for a Rupa Health account or if you have an existing account, you can link it to Practice Better by following these steps:
1) Click Link next to the Rupa Health Integration.
2) A popup will appear asking you to sign in to your Rupa Health account (this screen may not appear if you are already signed into your Rupa Health dashboard). Enter your Rupa Health login credentials and click Sign In.
3) Review the information and authorize the application:
Ordering Rupa Labs from Practice Better
1) Navigate to My Practice > Labs then click the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner. Select Create Rupa order from the options provided:
2) Select a client to associate with the new order.
3) You'll see a prompt to complete the order in your Rupa dashboard which will open directly to an order page where you can add tests and submit your client's lab. A new patient will be automatically created in your Rupa account if one does not exist with a matching name and email address.
4) Once your order has been submitted, click Return to Practice Better to close your Rupa dashboard and return to your Practice Better portal. The new order will be available on your My Labs page in a few moments.
Viewing and Managing Rupa Health Lab Results
All lab result documents will be automatically pulled in from Rupa Health into Practice Better. Your lab results can be viewed and managed by navigating to My Practice > Labs.
Keep in mind that pending labs will not be displayed in Practice Better until they are completed. If your order has multiple labs, only the completed labs will be displayed.
You can click on the More Options button next to a lab to edit, share, or delete a lab quickly.
Click on a lab title or View button to open a lab order, view your lab result documents, and annotate your lab.
Viewing Lab Result Documents
Click on the View button next to a lab result to view your lab result document.
The document viewer menu allows you to zoom, pan, search keywords, as well as change your view options (orientation, dark mode, full screen. etc.).
You can also minimize the document viewer or download results from this window.
Click on the Annotate button to create a note associated with the lab.
By default, lab annotations are private to you, however, you can share these notes by enabling the Share note with my client setting, as well as send them a notification of this addition. You can change the sharing options at any time.
Each annotation will include an icon to indicate whether it is private or shared.
Archiving and Deleting Labs
You can archive your shared labs by opening the lab and selecting the Archive option.
Once a lab is archived, it will no longer be available to your client via the Client Portal, however, it will always be available for your reference in the practitioner portal.
You also have the option of permanently deleting a lab from your portal. Once a lab is deleted, it will not be accessible to you or your client.
Linking and Unlinking Rupa clients to Practice Better Client Records
By default, clients that share the exact same name and email addresses in both the Rupa Health and Practice Better portals do not need to be manually linked together. For these clients, labs will be automatically associated with the matching clients in Practice Better.
If there is a variance in a client's name and email address, you will need to manually link your Rupa Health client to the corresponding Practice Better client record. Once you've linked them together, labs will be matched to the same Practice Better client record, moving forward.
Unlinked results will display like the following in Practice Better:
To link a Rupa Health Client to a Practice Better client record, simply click on the More Options button and select Link to client.
From here, select the corresponding Practice Better client to link the results to. Once a record has been linked, their name will be replaced with the name that you have on file in the portal. This action can be undone at any time.
Once a client has been linked, you will then have the option of sharing this result with your client via Practice Better.
Unlinking client records from Rupa Patients
In the event that you want to unlink a client record with a Rupa Health patient, you can do so by clicking on the More Options button> Unlink Rupa patient.
Once a client record and Rupa patient have been unlinked, all new and historical labs will no longer be associated with the client record. Unlinked records, can be linked/relinked at any time.
Article is closed for comments.