This article provides instructions on how to link Apple Health to Practice Better. The Health app on your iPhone stores health data (e.g. activity, sleep, vitals) from various sources including connected Apple Watch, Garmin, and Oura Ring wearable devices. Once your Apple Health app is linked to Practice Better, data will be synced periodically from your iPhone to your Food/Lifestyle journals.
- Linking your Apple Health Account
- Viewing Apple Health Data in Your Journals
- Syncing Apple Health Data
- Unlinking your Apple Health Account
Linking your Apple Health Account
The Apple Health integration must be set up using the Practice Better mobile app on an iPhone with the Health app installed.
The Apple Health integration is available on iPhones running iOS 11 and higher. We recommend installing iOS 16 or higher as certain metrics (e.g. sleep analysis, symptoms) are only available in the latest version of Apple Health.
1) Go to your Settings & Preferences > 3rd Party Integration screen. In the mobile app, swipe right to open the hamburger menu, then tap Settings & Preferences in the bottom-left corner:
Select 3rd Party Integration from the Settings & Preferences menu.
2) Locate the Apple Health integration and tap Link:
If you have multiple profiles associated with your Practice Better login (e.g. a spouse or child), you will be prompted to select which profiles you'd like to sync your Apple Health data to. Select the profiles then click Continue.
3) A popup will appear asking you to select the health categories you'd like to sync to Practice Better. Select the categories of interest and tap Continue.
4) Next, you'll see a popup from the Apple Health app asking you to authorize Practice Better's access to your health data. This screen displays granular health metrics related to the categories you selected in the preceding popup.
For example, if you selected Measurements & Vitals, you'll be asked to authorize access to height, weight, blood pressure, and other metrics within the measurements category.
Tap Turn On All and then tap Allow in the top-right corner to sync all available metrics to Practice Better:
Alternatively, you can toggle the sync of specific metrics and tap Allow to continue.
You can adjust the metrics synced to Practice Better at any time from your Health app.
1) Navigate to the Sharing tab of the Health app and select Practice Better from the list:
2) Toggle on or off the individual metrics you'd like to sync to Practice Better:
Viewing Apple Health Data in Your Journals
We'll automatically pull in 60 days of historical data into your Food/Lifestyle Journals when you link Apple Health to Practice Better. Health data is also synced in the background multiple times per day. Syncing occurs when your device is unlocked (while you're using it) and when the Practice Better app is launched.
You can view your data by going to My Resources > Journals. You'll notice new sections for Apple Health data in addition to your other Lifestyle Journal entries.
Manually Syncing Apple Health Data
You can manually refresh entries for a given day by clicking the 3 dots in the top-right corner of your journal. Select Sync Apple Health from the options provided:
Unlinking your Apple Health Account
1) Go to your Settings & Preferences > 3rd Party Integration screen.
2) Tap Unlink next to Apple Health:
3) You will be prompted to unlink your account and either:
- remove previously synced Apple Health data from your journals, or
- unlink without removing the Apple Health data already synced to your journals:
Article is closed for comments.