This option will allow you to store your client's credit card information on file in the event you require it for future payments (e.g. processing a cancellation fee). By default, we don't store clients' billing information when booking one-off sessions/packages and programs, so this option gives you a way to do just that.
You can use this option with or without requiring clients to pay at the time of booking. Here are a few scenarios to illustrate the difference:
Pay at time of booking: A payment will be processed, but no card stored on file
Pay at time of booking + Require billing information: A payment will be processed right away and the card will be stored on file
Display fee (no payment required) + Require billing information: The card will be stored on file without processing a payment.
1) Go to My Practice > My Services
2) Click Edit on the service or package you wish to collect billing information for
3) On the Edit Service or Edit Package page, click on the Advanced Options tab:
4) Check the "Require billing information when clients book this service/package" checkbox:
5) Click Save Changes to save details for the service or package
What your clients see on your Bookings Page
With this option selected, your clients will see a message on the booking page telling them that their billing information will be saved.