Creating a Superbill
1) To create a superbill, go to your client's Billing & Payments section
2) Select the Superbills tab and click Create superbill:
Optionally, you can select Create superbill from the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner:
3) You will be prompted to select a session (or multiple sessions) to include in your client's superbill. Select the checkbox next to each session you'd like to include, then click the Create button at the bottom of the popup:
Create a Superbill for a specific session
You can also create a superbill for a specific session by going to your client's Bookings & Packages page, then select Create superbill from the 3 dots next to your session:
Editing a Superbill
If you've created a superbill for a session (or multiple sessions), we'll automatically pull in the following information:
- Your Billing Information (name, email, address, tax number, NPI number)
- Client Information (name, email address, phone number, date of birth, insurance policy)
- Procedure codes and billing units associated with services rendered
- Diagnosis codes added to any session notes created for selected sessions
- Amount paid associated with any invoices created for selected sessions
Each service/procedure requires at least one procedure code and diagnosis code. You can modify your superbill's services/procedures by clicking one under the Services & Procedures section:
Adding Additional Line Items
Your superbill may contain additional items such as medical supplies which your clients can also submit to their provider for reimbursement.
You can include additional line items by selecting Add line item from the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner:
Sending a Superbill to a Client
Once you've reviewed and made edits to your superbill, you can send it to your client by selecting Save > Save and send in the top-right corner:
Select a delivery method for your superbill, either send it as a link for your client to download from the Client Portal or send it as an attachment directly in the notification email.
If you choose the Send as link option, you will need to ensure your client has access to the portal to download the superbill.