Creating a CMS-1500 Form
We recommend reviewing the official instruction manual and any specific requirements of your payer before submitting CMS-1500 forms for reimbursement.
1) To create a CMS-1500 form, go to your client's Billing & Payments section
2) Select the CMS-1500 Forms tab and click Create form:
Optionally, you can select Create CMS-1500 form from the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner:
3) You will be prompted to select a session (or multiple sessions) to include in your client's CMS-1500 form. Select the checkbox next to each session you'd like to include, then click the Create button at the bottom of the popup:
Create a CMS-1500 Form for a specific session
You can also create a CMS-1500 for a specific session by going to your client's Bookings & Packages page, then select Create CMS-1500 from the 3 dots next to your session:
Editing a CMS-1500 Form
If you've created a CMS-1500 form for a session (or multiple sessions), we'll automatically pull in the following information:
- Your Billing Information (name, email, address, tax number, NPI number)
- Client Information (name, email address, phone number, date of birth, insurance policy)
- Procedure codes and billing units associated with services rendered
- Diagnosis codes added to any session notes created for selected sessions
- Amount paid associated with any invoices created for selected sessions
Each service/procedure requires at least one procedure code and diagnosis code. You can modify your form's services/procedures by clicking one under the Services & Procedures section:
You can download your CMS-1500 form to submit to your insurance payer by going to your client's Billing & Payments > CMS-1500 Forms page and selecting Download from the 3 dots next to the form:
Choose the Download (fillable) if you want to download a version of the form which is still open for edits. You'll be able to add/modify details of your form before submitting.
Updating Submission Status
You can manage your form submission status by going to your client's CMS-1500 Forms page, then select Update status from the More Options menu (3 dots):
Your CMS-1500 form can have one of the following statuses:
An optional note can be included when updating the submission status:
Article is closed for comments.