Analyzing Journal Entries
The Journal Analysis feature allows you to view, compare, and analyze data from your client's journals. Click the Analysis tab at the top of your client's Daily Journal Summary page.
On the Journal Analysis page, you'll be able to select from a list of predefined reports including:
- Activity (Calories Burned vs Duration vs Calories Consumed)
- Bowel Movements - # of daily bowel movements
- Calories In/Out (Calories Consumed vs Calories Burned)
- High Nutrient Foods - Foods high in a specific nutrient and the # of times consumed
- Measurements - Compare weight, height, BMI, and other measurements and vitals
- Nutrient Consumption - Compare nutrient consumption for a given period (e.g. calories vs carbs)
- Sleep (Duration vs Awakenings vs Time Awake)
- Water Consumption
- Fitbit Activity (Calories Burned vs Duration vs Distance)
- Fitbit Sleep - Compare nightly sleep stages (e.g. REM, light, and deep sleep)
- Custom Comparison - Compare up to 4 metrics for a given period (e.g. Water vs Sleep Duration)
Comparing Entries vs Targets
For metrics with targets (e.g. a 2,000 kcal nutrient target), you will see a dotted horizontal line in the report chart.
You will also see a trophy icon next to days where the target has been reached for a given day.
Connecting Missing Data Points (Interpolation)
By default, we ignore days with missing data when plotting points on the report charts.
You can connect points between missing days by clicking the More Options Menu (3 dots) to the right of the chart and select Connect missing data points from the menu provided:
Analyzing Nutrient Details by Food, Meal, and Day
You can view a full nutrient profile by clicking on the nutrient breakdown icon beside a specific food or meal in your client's Daily Journal Summary:
You can also view an expanded list of nutrients for the day's targets and totals:
This will open a Nutrient Breakdown popup with a full nutrient profile, including macronutrients, carbohydrates, fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
You can view multiple nutrient profiles simultaneously, allowing you to compare specific foods, foods vs meals, and days: