You can set up default options for new Food + Mood and Lifestyle Journals created for clients.
1) Go to Settings & Preferences > Portal Preferences
2) Under Food & Lifestyle Journals, click Edit defaults:
3) Select Food & Mood Journals or Lifestyle Journals to set up defaults for either journal.
4) A popup will appear allowing you to customize defaults. E.g. for the Food & Mood Journal, you can customize the default focus and display of nutritional details in your client's portal:
For the Lifestyle Journal, you can customize which types of entries are allowed, including activity, bowel movements, measurements, sleep, and mood.
5) Click Done to close the popup and Save Changes to save your settings.
Food & Lifestyle Journal Preferences
You can also customize the following account-wide journal settings from your Portal Preferences page:
- Allow clients to view journal analysis - this option allows clients to view historical reports and analyze trends in their journal including nutrient consumption, calories burned/consumed, sleep history, etc.
- Disable Nutrient Claims - clients with access to the Food Journal may see nutrient claims (e.g. "high protein", "low carb") when searching foods in the food database. Claims will be only be displayed for clients with access to view nutrient details.
- Disable Barcode Scanning - disable the option for clients to use the barcode scanner when logging foods from the mobile app. This will be useful if your clients reside outside of North America, as the scanner may not recognize foods outside of Canada and the United States.
- Auto-review Fitbit entries - enable this option to automatically mark Fitbit entries as reviewed when data is synced from your clients' devices.
- Auto-select journals when creating new clients - disable this option if you prefer to not give clients access to log journal entries when manually adding them to the system.