This article will show you how to integrate your Fullscript account with Practice Better to create and manage supplement recommendations.
- Signing up for a Fullscript Account
- Linking Fullscript to Practice Better
- Making Supplement Recommendations using Fullscript
- Client Notifications
Signing up for a Free Fullscript account
Sign up for a free account by going to Settings & Preferences > 3rd Party Integration. Under the Supplement Dispensaries section, click the 3 dots next to Fullscript then select Sign up.
Linking Fullscript to Practice Better
Once you've signed up for a Fullscript account you can then link it to Practice Better by following these steps:
1) Click Link next to the Fullscript Integration.
2) Select your country (United States or Canada) and enter your Fullscript Clinic Key.
3) Click on Where can I find this? and follow the instructions to create your Clinic Key in Fullscript. Once you’ve obtained your Clinic Key, copy it into the input field and click Next.
If you'd like to generate a matching recommendation in Fullscript for your Practice Better protocol, make sure to enable the Create corresponding recommendation when publishing a protocol. Learn more about managing your Fullscript settings.
4) Click Connect
Making Supplement Recommendations using Fullscript
Use Protocols to create and share supplement recommendations with clients.
1) Go to the Protocols section of your client's file, then click the Fast Action Button in the bottom right-hand corner. Optionally, you can create a Practice Better Protocol Template which you can create one and reuse with multiple clients.
To create a protocol template, go to your My Practice > Protocol Templates page, then click the Fast Action Button in the bottom-right corner.
2) Select Add supplement recommendation from the options provided to search for products from your Fullscript Catalog:
You can search for supplements by name, brand, ingredient, or condition. Learn more about searching your Fullscript Catalog in Practice Better.
Once you've selected a supplement, complete the recommendation details. You will notice that there are a couple of fields to complete when recommending supplements from the Fullscript database. These include Dose (required), Duration, Frequency, and Units (required).
You will also have the option to send reminders to refill supplement. The Units field allows you to define how many units of a particular supplement (e.g. 3 bottles) will be included in the final Fullscript recommendation and order.
Once you’ve saved the details of this supplement recommendation, it will be displayed in the protocol summary page with a Fullscript badge.
Click Save > Save and publish to share your protocol with your client:
When you publish a protocol, we'll automatically generate the corresponding recommendation in Fullscript so you don’t have to do the work twice. Fullscript will send an email to your client with instructions on how to order their supplements from your dispensary.
A link to order supplements is also included in the Practice Better "New Protocol Available" email for your client's reference.
Log into your Fullscript account if you need to make adjustments to the prescription generated from your protocol.
When you publish a protocol with Fullscript supplements, your clients will receive two notifications:
- Practice Better "New Protocol Available" email
- Fullscript "Wendy Smith sent you a recommendation" email
The Practice Better email will include a link for clients to view their protocol in the Client Portal, and another link to go directly to Fullscript to order supplements.
Clients will also be presented with a link to order supplements from their protocol in the Client Portal: