Practice Better allows you to create and reinforce your cancellation policy. Cancellation policies discourage last-minute cancellations, rescheduling sessions close to the session time, and ‘no-shows’ in your practice.
The following options are available to use individually or in combination with each other. These steps will show you how to set up Terms & Conditions, waiver, cancellation policy, and process a cancellation fee.
- Setting up a disclaimer or Terms & Conditions
- Setting up a waiver that requires a signature
- Restricting clients from canceling and rescheduling
- Processing a cancellation fee
Setting up a disclaimer or Terms & Conditions
Disclaimers and Terms & Conditions will be displayed on your booking page. Clients will need to acknowledge your terms before they are able to finalize their booking request.
1) Set up a Disclaimer or Terms & Conditions that outline your cancellation policy.
2) Go to My Practice > My Services, and add the Terms and conditions when adding a service.
Setting up a waiver that requires a signature
You can also create a form with your cancellation policy that requires your client's signature. You can add a clause to any existing agreements you may have clients physically sign when they start working with you. This form can be included on your booking pages, sent automatically, and sent manually as well.
1) Create a form with your cancellation policy and add a required signature to the form. Clients must add a signature to this form to submit it back to you.
2) Attach the form to your services so clients are required to complete the forms when booking.
Restricting clients from canceling and rescheduling
You can restrict your clients from canceling or rescheduling their sessions completely or within a specific period of time before their session. Your cancellation notice will appear to your clients when they click on the reschedule or cancellation options that are made available to them in the Client Portal and email notifications.
1) Navigate to Booking & Cancellation Settings > Cancellation Options.
2) Enable the Display a cancellation policy when clients cancel or reschedule sessions setting and include your custom Cancellation policy.
3) Select your desired time frame from the Prevent clients from canceling or rescheduling... dropdown and click on Save Changes.
*Note: You can also override your default Cancellation policy for each service. You can do this by editing your service and scrolling down to the Booking Options section. From there, uncheck the following setting and customize your service's cancellation period and policy.
Processing a cancellation fee
If you have Stripe/Square integrated with the platform you can require billing information when clients book this service you can require payment at the time of booking.
If you did not collect payment at the time of booking then you can create an invoice for the session and process the cancellation fee to the card on file.
Article is closed for comments.